cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Sheet format does not exist in database

junior_alipio
2-Guest

Sheet format does not exist in database

hi guys.

i am having a lot of trouble trying to place a sheet format in a draw, i hope you guys can help me.

i open my draw, go to sheet setup, and set a sheet format, and save the draw. But when i try to open the same draw over again, the sheet formar is gone. in another word the sheet format no longer is saved.

appears the error, the PA1 does not exist in database.

i use the CReo 3.0, and windchill to manage de files..

7 REPLIES 7

I have a similar issue that I can locate the format that I want to use when browsing. However, when I open it to load it as the format it doesn't come in and instead I get an error message that says does not exist in the database. 

I am using windchill with creo 4.0 I should add. 

Thanks, 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Bgulley)

Does it work if you manually add the format to your workspace first?  What about if you load the format into session first?

Bgulley
2-Guest
(To:TomU)

It will not allow either of these actions. Each time I try adding to workspace it gives me 

Add to workspace failed: bom_b.frm. See the Event Management console for details.
No drawings were found in the directory wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Library/Configuration Files/Start Parts/
'wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Library/Configuration Files/Drawings/Formats/W-M/bom_b.frm|v=A.5' cannot be retrieved.
'bom_b' does not exist in the database.

My co-worker said to move needed files to a new workspace and delete this one. I would really like to know how to fix this though. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Are you sure the files are in Windchill?

Is your Creo session connected and online to Windchill?

Have you tried with a different workspace? The current one could be corrupt.

Do you also have the formats in a common disk location? (You should!)

Where does your config.pro point pro_format_dir to? Mine points to my Windchill Library.

Does your server name when you register the workspace to Creo match the Windchill server name in the pro_format_dir setting? Everyone MUST use the same Name when they register Windchill to Creo. This the name of the server that would be in your config.pro for the pro_format_dir setting.

pro_format_dir wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Library/Configuration Files/Drawings/Formats

The server MUST be registered as Windchill for all users at your company.

Sorry for not replying back on Friday. I was able to check most items in and the ones that failed I now know why. I don't know if this was what caused the corruption though. I was able to make a new workspace and have access to the drawing formats again though. Forgive me as I come from an Inventor background, so I am not used to all of the rules that must be followed with this software. The problem (I believe) was created from the way that I had copied parts and tried to just rename them and re-use them. I did not use windchill to do this as I should have. I am still learning that this software doesn't like to let you take shortcuts... I have answered your questions below but am not able to confirm your solution, I appreciate you taking time to get with me though. 

Are you sure the files are in Windchill?

Is your Creo session connected and online to Windchill? yes

Have you tried with a different workspace? The current one could be corrupt. it is corrupt, I checked in what I could and created a new workspace, then deleted the corrupt one. 

Do you also have the formats in a common disk location? (You should!) yes, absolutely

Where does your config.pro point pro_format_dir to? Mine points to my Windchill Library. I didn't check it... I think it did though. As when I changed workspaces I was able to reach the format location and I would have been still in the same config.

Does your server name when you register the workspace to Creo match the Windchill server name in the pro_format_dir setting? Everyone MUST use the same Name when they register Windchill to Creo. This the name of the server that would be in your config.pro for the pro_format_dir setting. Once again I did not check it, but I believe so. 

pro_format_dir wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Library/Configuration Files/Drawings/Formats

The server MUST be registered as Windchill for all users at your company.  It is used by all of us. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

@Bgulley wrote:

Does your server name when you register the workspace to Creo match the Windchill server name in the pro_format_dir setting? Everyone MUST use the same Name when they register Windchill to Creo. This the name of the server that would be in your config.pro for the pro_format_dir setting. Once again I did not check it, but I believe so. 

pro_format_dir wtpub://Windchill/Libraries/Library/Library/Configuration Files/Drawings/Formats

The server MUST be registered as Windchill for all users at your company.  It is used by all of us. 

While everyone may be using the same Windchill system, the setup of Creo to Windchill in the Server Properties is done on an individual basis and therefore each user may use a different name for the server name. The server name MUST be the same for all users in order to use it in config.pro. I have had some of my users register a different name and then wonder why they no longer get company formats or start parts.

I just want to reinforce the fact that you must register the Windchill server as Windchill for your config.pro to point to the proper files.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli wrote:

I just want to reinforce the fact that you must register the Windchill server as Windchill for your config.pro to point to the proper files.

Let me add a clarification to that line!

The server name registered in Creo may be anything you choose, PDM, PDM3, Windchill, Server1, etc. The requirement to use a Windchill folder in a config.pro setting wtpub::\<server_name>\<whatever> is that the <server_name> MUST be consistent across ALL users in your company.

I did not want to leave anyone with the impression that when you register the server to Creo it had to be named Windchill.

Top Tags