cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Sheet size while adding sheet

ptc-4620431
1-Newbie

Sheet size while adding sheet

Hi,

I was bit annoyed by the default sheet size its always taking while adding new sheets in a drawing. Is there any option where it will ask the sheet size / format to use when i add a new sheet.

Thank you

Regards

Basil Paulose

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Basil,

The default sheet size when adding a new sheet to a drawing should be the size of the format that was used at creation of the drawing. If there is a typical size sheet that you use, I'd recommend using a default drawing template/format of that size.

As for an option of prompting the user for a size, this does not exist. Martin's mapkey idea might get you there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Basil,

I think the only way how to get what your need is to create mapkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Basil,

The default sheet size when adding a new sheet to a drawing should be the size of the format that was used at creation of the drawing. If there is a typical size sheet that you use, I'd recommend using a default drawing template/format of that size.

As for an option of prompting the user for a size, this does not exist. Martin's mapkey idea might get you there.

Top Tags