cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Shortcut Codes in Drawing Notes

gnewman
1-Newbie

Shortcut Codes in Drawing Notes

Hello All,

I am trying to work out the shortcut codes for use in drawings.

I know a few eg:

Diameter Ø. Alt 0216

Degree ° Alt 248

Theoretical Exact Dimension Boxes, with xyz inside box. @[xyz@]

I am specifically after the GD&T symbols, so if anyone has those it would be good.

If anyone has a full list that would be amazing!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

check out this thread

Re: Stuck typing symbols in drawing

It should answer all your questions

ron

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:gnewman)

Most of what you need (except the box around text one, "@[ text @]") is available in the "Text Symbol" menu. I don't know if most of the GT&T symbols are available via the "ALT" ASCII table lookup. One other trick I've somehow retained in my head is a superscript/subscript one:

"X@+2@#" gives X squared

"X@-2@#" gives X sub 2

But, I don't really use those anymore because it botches up the line spacing. If I need superscripts, I use a word processing program like MS Word to get the symbols I need, then copy them into the Creo note text.

Hi Kenneth, it wont let me use the symbols menu while i am inside the editing dimensions area, but I create an annotation, with the GD&T symbol I need in, then copy and paste in the dimension display. . So I can use this as a work around. Thanks

mender
6-Contributor

Sorry, when you're in the what exactly?  In general, a text editing area in which you type and it becomes part of what is shown as part of a dimension/note text ought to support the symbol palette.  Could you describe where you are typing such text and don't have access to the palette?

gnewman
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

Hello Matthew,

So If I am working on a drawing.

I left click then right click on a dimension go to properties. Then go to the display tab on the window that pops up.

When entering text either in the large box on the RHS, or the Prefix of suffix boxes I cant use the symbols. in the normal tool bar. But by doing this I have just noticed the large "text symbol" button, which also gives me what I want.... Ah well I am sure the Symbols list from Ron will be useful in other areas.

mender
6-Contributor

Good to hear.

check out this thread

Re: Stuck typing symbols in drawing

It should answer all your questions

ron

Top Tags