cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Show both dimenioan parameter & number at teh same time while modelling

pshepherdson
9-Granite

Show both dimenioan parameter & number at teh same time while modelling

So, I’d like to take more advantage of parametrics in Creo. When In used "that other program" I could set my dimensions to show the number, and the dimension label. It showed both. I could then make this dim=2/d34, and that dim =(d74+.25)/3, etc.. While I try this in Creo, I seem to have to constantly turn on & off the ‘switch symbol’ to get either a number or a parameter.. And I get the "Would you like to make this a relation" dialog each time. (Time consuming, but I don’t mind too much.) Can I have both the numer and the parameter shown at the same time?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You can select the dimensions from the screen and they will be pasted into the Relations box.

I just tried a simple example - Opened up the Relations editor and picked a feature and the dims automatically displayed with the d#s, then used Switch Dimension to see the values. Picking on a value pasted the corresponding d# into the Relations dialog.

Hi David,

Not sure I quite follow you. Will try it soon.

While you can apply relations directly to dimensions, it is easier to open the Relations editor.

From there when you select a feature it shows all the feature dimensions. Selecting the dimensions of interest pastes the d# into the relations editor window. You can use Switch Dimension in the Relations editor to see the values of the dimensions, while at the same time, picking on a dimension adds it's symbol to the relation window.

Since you are in the Relation Editor, the software also won't prompt you about adding a relation.

Top Tags