cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Sketch (.SEC) file configurations

dbolden
4-Participant

Sketch (.SEC) file configurations

Is there a way to create family tables in .SEC files?  I would like to be prompted for which configuration I want when I drag the sketch file onto a part.  I do not want to have to create 6 separate files for each sketch geometry. This is perfect for family table use but not sure how to do it.  I have used family table's in part files but don't see the option in the SEC file.  Using Creo 2.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure you can do that. But all is not lost. You can save sketches for use at any time.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

Right, I don't think you can make family table sketches but you can make family table UDFs, so possibly you could make a UDF of your sketches. Seems almost like a reasonable work-around, almost.

dbolden
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Can I bring a UDF into a part file and cut a certain depth or is that feature predefined in the UDF?  I am relatively new to Creo and seen the UDF's and wondered if that was an option.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dbolden)

We use them for standard seal grooves and hyd ports and several other very standard features. When you add a UDF, you can make it dependent or independent of the UDF so you can either make changes like depth dimensions or you make it automagically update when the UDF is updated.

We have a guy here who makes them for us so I'm not a guru on making UDFs.

If the dimension symbols remain constant, you can drive the sketch with them.

The sketch would need some reserved dimension symbols so that you could drive them consistently with family tables or relations.

You should be able to combine this idea with the UDF as well.

Top Tags