cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Slider assembly failed to connect

kpei1
1-Newbie

Slider assembly failed to connect

Hello,

I am trying to assemble a linear slide. I have done this before and I am constraining the same pieces together as last time, but Creo keeps giving me the error message "assembly failed to connect". Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!Assembly Failed to connect.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:kpei1)

Sometimes constraints are weak and cannot make up for large jumps in condition changes.

Sometimes references get lost in revision of underlying models or the assembly.

The best means to manage this is snapshot presets.  This allows known states to be returned where the constraints are also reset rather than re-established. 

Snapshots have limitations.  You have to refresh them often if you are making significant changes to the components of the assembly.  They can become invalid, for instance.

Another aid is to lock in the regeneration states in your mechanism constraints by providing known good regeneration values.  As always, there are some limitations here as well, but it does help to know about it. 

Hi there,

Getting same issue here. Have you found any solutions?

Top Tags