cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Solidify Features Fail on Existing Models When Opened in Creo 7.0

Jake_117
4-Participant

Solidify Features Fail on Existing Models When Opened in Creo 7.0

We're in the process of upgrading to Creo 7 from Creo 4, and when I open many of our models created in Creo 4, the Solidify features all fail.  It appears to be struggling to assign the new solid to a body.

If I create a dummy solid prior to the first Solidify, then I am able to access the "Body Options" tab in the Solidify tool and get it to work.  However, the Solidify features below it all still fail.

Is there a config setting I'm missing, or a way to disable the Multi-Body feature on legacy models created in prior versions?

6 REPLIES 6
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:Jake_117)

I would suggest you open up a ticket with PTC and give them one of the models.

There is no way to disable Multi-Body.

Jake_117
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Thanks guys!  After looking at it closer, I can actually recreate the failures in Creo 4.0.  Therefore, I don't think there is actually a bug here.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@Jake_117 wrote:

Is there a config setting I'm missing, or a way to disable the Multi-Body feature on legacy models created in prior versions?

You can hide some of the multi-body stuff but you cannot disable it.  This sounds more like a bug and should probably be shared with tech support.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS335991

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Tips/Creo-7-0-8-0-Multibody-Home-Start-Here/m-p/666579#M473

@Jake_117 

Can you share any dataset from Creo 4.0? Or submit a case for PTC TS as suggested by Chris. 

Jake_117
4-Participant

Update: This is where I'm getting stuck again.  The solidify command won't solidify to Body 1.

I'm worried this might be just poor modeling because a prior solid was converted back into a quilt and then is attempting to resolidify.  I'm new to using Bodies; does this confuse what Creo thinks Body 1 is?

This solidify also acts up in Creo 4 sometimes, but I'm usually able to regenerate and resolve it.  So that's why I'm inclined to believe it's getting hung up on the new Multibody functionality.

2021-10-29_10-08-34.png

@Jake_117 

If it is only solidify and if feature is getting solidified Body should work. But without looking the data, it may difficult. Do you have any sample file to share for a review?

Top Tags