cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Solution: Intersect curves issue

jeffsampson
1-Newbie

Solution: Intersect curves issue

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}Okay, here is the summary: In the end, all I needed was a little check box in the model tree filters. The "used sketch" box must be checked, otherwise the sketches are not shown in the model tree even though they are there and do have a feature number. It also does not matter whether you use the feature or the geometry to create the intersect, they both behave the same.
With this box checked, you can see how Pro treats the embedded sketches and it makes sense. Without the box checked, it doesn't (appear) to make any sense at all.
I also learned you can get a sketch un-embedded from a feature if necessary using "edit references", though now that seems unnecessary as you can re-use the sketch in other features as well.

Thanks Doug for the solution!
And thanks to all who offered support and ideas.
Jeff
--Jeff Sampson -
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

And thanks to you all from me for being so diligent. I had given it up to another Pro/Idiosyncrasy.

I wonder why I saw it both ways. Must’ve been too much coffee, too late, not enough sleep, rushing too much, etc. etc… the usual.

Glad that was all it was.

An interesting tidbit: In SW sketches are ‘absorbed’ just a like that and there’s no way to change it. They still exist in their original spot in the tree, but aren’t visible and it’s really hard to figure out where they are. The result is that if you redefine that sketch, the state of the model might change dramatically as it reverts to the state where the sketch actually lives. Very frustrating.

I had no idea that you could make Pro/E behave that way.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Folks - I am trying to mirror an assembly and it's associated drawings.
While in asm mode, I select >file> mirror asm>. That works fine, however, I
am having difficulties getting the drawing to reflect the mirrored geometry.
I have come to the conclusion I have to recreate the drawing file for the
mirrored version, I hope this is not the case . Has anyone have any
solutions, it would be greatly appreciated at this point.thanks

Kel

Top Tags