cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Spin command

jcolon
3-Visitor

Spin command

I know that if I use the MMB I can spin the part around, if I hold SHIFT I can pan, and if I hold CTRL I can either zoom in and out or rotate the part on a forward facing axis.

I want to know if there is a way to spin the part on a vertical axis much like the way it spins with the CTRL button.

I tried googling it but all I come up is with people complaining about the zoom feature and all that.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
DeanLong
10-Marble
(To:jcolon)

Have been waiting for this for 25 years!

Animations would have been SOOOOO much easier back in the day before other "better" animation software was on the market.

jcolon
3-Visitor

Someone just showed me.

You go into the Named View in the Graphics Toolbar, then under type in the dialog box select Dynamic Orient and there you can rotate on the 3 separate axis by dragging the bars left or right.

Not as convenient as it would be for the mouse wheel and middle button, but it works nicely.

DeanLong
10-Marble

Yeah, okay. I thought you meant like a automatic turntable spin. The Dynamic spin is limited to that tool....not much use outside of it unless you have an animation capture program running when you do it. Then you can edit the footage for use.

Top Tags