cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Spiralgraph

deldeserv
1-Newbie

Spiralgraph

Hello,

I have a heater that I need to model. It's in the shape of a spiral graph (see picture). Does anyone have an idea on how to approach this...Helical Sweep????

Thanks,

Joe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
gdt
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:deldeserv)

Joe

Here is how that shape can be discribed and built with a formula. Once you have built the formula please send it to me.

Thanks
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:deldeserv)

I have to give credit to another for this to a guy up here who just looked this stuff up this morning...look at the Double Arc Epicycloid

He used it for a j-slot machining feature in a cylindrical part.

For general method:

That is one heck of a heater!

~Doug

Same though here as well…amazing.

We do refrigeration coil packs (for dispensers) & none of them are, shall I say, this beautiful!

I will be curious to know the problems they face when actual machine bending this profile as well.

Top Tags