cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Spline manipulation in WF4 vs WF5/Creo1 vs Creo2

rrich
2-Guest

Spline manipulation in WF4 vs WF5/Creo1 vs Creo2

All, How are you dealing with the changes to splines in WF5/Creo1 verses WF4? In WF4 you could tangent up the ends of a spline or dimension the angles at the ends then modify the spline and either move the points or toggle to polyline and move the polylines to adjust the shape of the spline. This is now not the case in WF5 and Creo1. Now you must put a spline in, make sure it is not tangent or dimensioned angularly at the ends, then you click switch to control polyline button in order to get polylines up for manipulation. Yes you can still get them but now you have to do some order of operation steps in dimensioning and LOCKING the end dimensions in order to manipulate the polyline end points. Either way I am just looking for comments on how your dealing with the changes and if you like them? Further I am interested if Creo2 is the same as Creo1.

Ron

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:rrich)

I can't comment on Creo1, but in earlier builds of WF5 there was a bug that prevented dragging of the spline 'handles' when the ends of the spline were tangent or angle constrained. A later build fixed it.

Aside from that, I haven't had any issue with splines in WF5 or Creo2. They work much the same as WF4. In fact, I believe that you can now drag the handles on one end tangent splines as well.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
rrich
2-Guest
(To:rrich)

It appears to be tied to some build codes as I was in a web ex with a college and I saw his WF5 M150 work like WF4 and his Creo 2 works like WF4. Unless there is a config option that changes things.

Thanks all.
Top Tags