cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Style and Combine State on Drawings

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Style and Combine State on Drawings

Ok, I'm at a loss. Making a combined state in the model is pretty simple. Use View Manager, All tab, blah blah blah. In this case, one component of an assembly is set to Transparent, while the rest is left in the default state.

However, the wall I've run into is attempting to use that saved combine state in a drawing yields nothing. The transparent component is anything but. The view simply follows the variable for hidden line set by the .dtl file (Hidden Line). Trying to change the combine state does not make the component transparent. Trying to simply create a view with the individual settings saved in the combine state does not make the component transparent.

There is a little about the combine state in the Assembly.pdf, but the Detail.pdf has nothing helpful.

Does anyone have experience using this in drawing views? If so, what tricks need to be employed to get it working correctly?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

What I always use is: Layout tab, Component display, Style, PhantomTrnsp or PhantomOpque (WF5.0, Creo1.0)

Just what you want.

Regards

Corstiaan Hage

CE Masters

Ah... my bad.

WF4.0

The user that requested this does use the method you mention, but then he has to change the object lines back to solid rather than phantom. Seems like in WF4.0 the tool is half-way there, which shouldn't be surprising.

But I'll keep that in mind for after we upgrade.

In Reply to Corstiaan Hage:

What I always use is: Layout tab, Component display, Style, PhantomTrnsp or PhantomOpque (WF5.0, Creo1.0)

Just what you want.

Regards

Corstiaan Hage

CE Masters

Top Tags