cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Style tool snapping priority

dayoub
1-Newbie

Style tool snapping priority

Hi guys,

I searched around the forums and the web for an answer but came up empty. My company recently migrated to Creo 2.0 M030 from Pro/E WF4. I am currently creating a Style feature wherein I am recreating a broken import geometry. My issue is the following: In the Style tool of WF4, when creating free curves, I seem to remember the snapping order when holding shift and clicking/dragging would prioritize curves/surfaces that were created in that particular instance of the tool. In Creo2, it seems it prioritizes the geometry. Is there a way to change the order? I feel like I might be overlooking something. The only workaround I have found is to hide the import feature and re-snap the points on the curves I created, (it doesn't highlight them anymore while snapped on?).

I hope this was clear enough, thanks in advance,

David

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
James62
10-Marble
(To:dayoub)

hi,

I am on Creo 2.0 M020, and I've got the same problem with ISDX. I have a layer with rule that contains the solid geometry, so I can hide it anytime I need to work on curves in ISDX. Basically, I am using the same solution to this as you do. I actually think this is a glitch in Creo ISDX, cause the selection filter goes blank when creating style curves.

The problem with this solution in Creo 2.0 is that whenever you hide the layer with solid geometry then the solid geometry tends to show up again on it's own, even when it's status is hidden. So you have to unhide the layer to hide it again, and after few seconds it pops up again. It's just another pretty annoying glitch.

~Jakub

dayoub
1-Newbie
(To:James62)

Thanks for responding. I noticed as well that the selection filter goes blank.

James62
10-Marble
(To:dayoub)

You're welcome.

Could you report it as a bug?

I'd like to, but I can't.

Top Tags