cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Sub-sub assemblies not constraining

ptc-5237710
1-Newbie

Sub-sub assemblies not constraining

I'm relatively new to Creo, so this may be a stupid question,

I have an assembly which has instances inside multiple other larger assemblies, which then exist in a larger assembly (so three teirs of assemblies). When working on the top tier assembly all of the constraints work fine EXCEPT for the constraints between the second and third level assemblies. So far it is all standard assembly contraints, no mechanisms or anything. All of the contraints between parts within each assembly seem to be intact, its just in between the sub assemblies when it becomes a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Tom

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5237710)

Since they are instances, make sure that your constraints are pointing to something that isn't in the particular instance that you are using the the other subassemblies. If you point to a surface of a part for a contraint, and that surface is not used in all of the instances, if will "fail" (i.e. not know what to do) when it is trying to constain the part to a surface that is missing.

And by the way... welcome to the forum.

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags