cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Surface model problem

cdown
4-Participant

Surface model problem

Guru's, I hope someone can help to fix a problem I am having. We have an assembly model which is run by a skeleton part. However we recently sent this file out to get some parts modified however when trying to get the models back I am getting a not in session message in my model tree (see attached). I have the skeleton in session before I bring in the modified part so should all be there. It seams I am missing something as the modified parts are showing as modified in my workspace but the skkeleton isn't.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
jstone
4-Participant
(To:cdown)

Colin,
Have you tried checking the reference viewer? It looks like the part/assy where the copy geom came from is missing. It could have been on a part that was deleted then re-assembled in instead of a true replace.
Thanks,
jef
mlocascio
4-Participant

Colin Down,

It sounds to me that you don't have everything included in your file
retrieval. OR there are features (Copy Geometry) that have bad references. I
would break those references using your reference viewer tool.

Mike L.

mlocascio
4-Participant

Jeff Stone,

I like the way that you are thinking. We must have had the same cereal for breakfast.

The reference viewer is most likely going to be your best tool to “bird dog” this problem.

Michael P. Locascio

Top Tags