cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Surfaces on layers

BrianTaylor
4-Participant

Surfaces on layers

We are using skeletons to drive a master model design.  In turn in that Skelton we have publish geometries of said surfaces.  We pass those publish geoms to lower level parts for reference.  My question is simple every once in awhile for no apparent reason either in the part, assembly or drawing the surfaces from the skeleton show up.  Switching to layer control and un hiding and then re hiding he layer and they are gone.  My question is why this is a massive annoyance !

3 REPLIES 3

‌Two causes I typically see causing this are unsaved layer status and a conflicting rule condition or one that is no longer satisfied that causes items to get removed from layers.

manjunathrv
17-Peridot
(To:Kevin)

Correct. You need to save the layer status whenever you modify the layers display.

You didn't mention what version of Creo you're using, but there was a past bug that would produce the result you are seeing - the display doesn't match how the layers are set.  Doing just what you are doing, cycling the settings, was the way to fix it.  Later builds are better at this, but I still see it occasionally on Creo 2 M230.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags