cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Symbol Issue. (ProEWildFire 4)

nmahajan-2
1-Newbie

Symbol Issue. (ProEWildFire 4)

Iam using ProDrawingDtlsyminstVisit()to visit all the symbol instances in the drawing. then i am checking whether that symbol instance is attached or not by ProDtlsyminstdataAttachmentGet.if a symbolattachment typeis PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_FREE then simply highlight it. so inshort i am trying to highlight symbols which are free or dangling in the drawing. The issue is, ProDrawingDtlsyminstVisit() requires a filter function in this function i am checking whether the symbol is displayed or not by using ProDtlsyminstdataIsDisplayed()(if true i.e displayed then simply check is itPRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_FREE if yes highlight,not thenignore it)but i am getting few symbol instances which are not alldisplayed in the drawing and their attachment type is PRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_FREE. to verify thisi am printing the name of symbol when its attachment type isPRO_DTLATTACHTYPE_FREE. Can any one guide me, whats going wrong in this.? Is it because that i have some symbols which are erased and not deleted. but still ProDtlsyminstdataIsDisplayed() must be able to capture this and return False for this.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Try using ProAnnotationIsShown() to check if symbol is visible on drawing.

Top Tags