cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Symbols not exporting to DWG

ivanapa
4-Participant

Symbols not exporting to DWG

Dear All, I was hoping you could help me with something that has me tearing my hair out.

On Creo 5, I am having trouble exporting drawings to DWG.

On the left, is what the Creo drawing shows, and on the left, what loads up in DWG Trueview.

creo_screenshot.PNGdwg_trueview_screenshot.PNG

Does it have anything to do with the setting below?:

export_window.jpg

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for reading!

Ivan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

results of my testing follow ...

Test drawing:

test_drawing.png

In drawing and in model I set following detail option:

symbol_font asme

I installed symbol_asme.ttf into Windows. The file is located in E:\PTC\Creo5_050\Creo 5.0.5.0\Common Files\text\fonts directory on my computer.

I exported drawing into DWG in AutoCAD 2018 format and set following font mapping

font_mapping.png

When I open DWG in DWG TrueView 2019 I can see correct special characters.

DWG exported in AutoCAD 2000 format is incorrectly displayed in DWG TrueView 2019 I can see question marks instead of special characters.

That's all for now.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

results of my testing follow ...

Test drawing:

test_drawing.png

In drawing and in model I set following detail option:

symbol_font asme

I installed symbol_asme.ttf into Windows. The file is located in E:\PTC\Creo5_050\Creo 5.0.5.0\Common Files\text\fonts directory on my computer.

I exported drawing into DWG in AutoCAD 2018 format and set following font mapping

font_mapping.png

When I open DWG in DWG TrueView 2019 I can see correct special characters.

DWG exported in AutoCAD 2000 format is incorrectly displayed in DWG TrueView 2019 I can see question marks instead of special characters.

That's all for now.

Martin Hanák

I uploaded dwg files.

Martin Hanák
ivanapa
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin,

That worked pretty well. I had to stroke the special characters to get the diameter symbols to stop clashing with the text though.

Is there a way to get the 'special characters = symbol_asme.ttf ' setting into my dxf_export.pro? I try to set it but it is ignored (maybe because of the space between 'special' and 'characters')

Regards,

Ivan

@ivanapa wrote:

Thanks Martin,

That worked pretty well. I had to stroke the special characters to get the diameter symbols to stop clashing with the text though.

Is there a way to get the 'special characters = symbol_asme.ttf ' setting into my dxf_export.pro? I try to set it but it is ignored (maybe because of the space between 'special' and 'characters')

Regards,

Ivan

Hi,

in my dxf_export.pro following mapping works well

map_font special_characters symbol_asme.ttf

... when exporting in 2018 format.

I guess in case of 2000 export format stroke special characters is necessary.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags