cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

System & Model Parameters

ptc-4651137
1-Newbie

System & Model Parameters

How can I effectively link model parameters to my system parameters on templates/formats that I create? I need the model parameters to transfer to my drawing template on my BOM and Title Block, and I cannot figure out how to successfully link the two so that whenever I do need to create a drawing and I insert a part onto that template, all the information is there.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kenan,

I will give you a exemple how to do it with a parameter created by you, but remember that Creo or pro/e has some internal parameters that you can use.

1º Create a parameter on your part named "123" and give him a value number or string etc.

2º In your drawing template create a note with this &123 .

The "&" symbol is to call a part parameter.

If you have more doubts just ask.

Hugo

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Kenan,

I will give you a exemple how to do it with a parameter created by you, but remember that Creo or pro/e has some internal parameters that you can use.

1º Create a parameter on your part named "123" and give him a value number or string etc.

2º In your drawing template create a note with this &123 .

The "&" symbol is to call a part parameter.

If you have more doubts just ask.

Hugo

Hugo,

Thank you! It worked, and makes perfect sense. I have one more question. How can I create a standard parameter list so that each time I create a part, that same list comes up? As of now, every time I design a part, the parameter list resets. I don't want to be wasting my time every time I design a part just in rewriting the parameters. Any help would be fantastic!

Kenan,

You can create a part template with all parameters that you want. Everytime you start a new part you choose from your template. You can create parameters, planes, coordinate systems...all that you want. Since you are starting a new part those parameters are empty but they are already there.

I hope this answer your question or i am not understanding your issue now.

Hugo

How do I create a part template, then? I am currently creating a C_SIZE drawing template, so I understand how to create a template that way...would it be similar to that? I've tried creating parameters in my drawing templates, but to no avail. Maybe I am missing something?

Kenan,

A Template part part is a common part that you use to start, i will send you a exemple of a template part and a 3d format.

Hugo

*I have in there many relations that i use , u can erase all relation to test the parameters or else some parameters won't work.

Hugo,

Thanks again for your time. I will respond if I have any more questions.

Kenan

Hugo,

I am creating a "weight" column in my table, and I need to directly link the weight of the part to the table. However, I am unsure of how to link the mass properties of the part to the table in the drawing template. So...if I chose 6061 (aluminum) as my material, then the weight would automatically be changed based on the part drawn and then set in the drawing template. I hope this makes sense.

Kenan

Kenan,

1º-In your parameters add a weight parameter and make him a real number.

2º-In your relations add this relation weight=mp_mass("")

3º-In your config.pro add this line mass_property_calculate automatic

4º-In your format add a value &weight

Hugo

Hi Kenan

There is another option for showing weight in drawing

Directly use &pro_mp_mass in drawing format table(title block table)

You can reduce decimal places by using &pro_mp_mass[.3]

Regards

K.Mahanta

Hi Kshetrabasi,

I have tested that parameter (pro_mp_mass) but i think only work in certain aplications and not in Creo base, not sure yet.

Hugo

Awesome! Can I do something similar to this as well for the material from the model properties as well? So...if I want 6061 to come up on my drawing, it would appear after I have chosen the material for the part. Thanks again for the help!

Hi

Sorry for the delay

When you choose material from model properties; PTC create a system parameter PTC_MATERIAL_NAME

(check the parameters of the part)

You can use this system parameter in drawing

eg- &PTC_MATERIAL_NAME

If you want something else please reply

Regards

K.Mahanta

guys, new to CREO here, where can i find a list of default parameters like "&pro_mp_mass". it was much eesier to find back in WF.

thank you

Carlos

There is some information in the help files, and there is a drop-down in the lower right corner of the Parameters window that you can switch to show reported and alternate mass property parameters

Reported and Alternate Mass Property Parameters

About Working with Mass Property Parameters

Top Tags