cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

The radius highlighted in RED I am not able to achieve

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

The radius highlighted in RED I am not able to achieve

forging.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

@rohit_rajan wrote:

forging.JPG

Hi,

if you want to display red box around radius dimension on drawing, then you have to create drawing symbol.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:rohit_rajan)

... or are you trying to create a radial dimension with (2) arrows?

... or a joggled radius?

I'm lost.  Do you mean the model fails regeneration and will not construct the RADII (plural)?

may be I did not explain it properly,sorry.

Not able to get those highlighted in red radius on the 3D model.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:rohit_rajan)

I was able to recreate drawing.  The 1.00R was the most difficult.  The transition in the corner had to be manually created after ending it at the end of the large radius.

Create 1.00R with stop at reference transition.

cast1.jpgcast1.jpg

Project curves onto surfaces, create boundary blend and solidify.

cast2.jpg

Build mounting feature last.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

This is quite typical of conversions from manually drafted components. We have the benefit of endless (nearly) accuracy that was not possible by hand drafted methods.

Draftsmen were highly skilled but when it comes down to things like fitting a radius that is 1.00 inch or is it 0.99 that fits they would be able to draw it because the gap at that scale is not perceptible. I suspect if you modify the rad slightly smaller it will work for you.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Roy_Crerar)

Yup!  Although, sometimes replace "benefit" with "curse"....  😉

This may also have been something that could have been solved with LOWERING absolute accuracy...if absolute accuracy was used at all.  Don't remember if that was brought up...

Top Tags