cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Total qty of parts of subassemblies in top assembly

hling-2
1-Newbie

Total qty of parts of subassemblies in top assembly

Good morning,

I just started to look into the basics of repeat region in Creo drawings.

I am stuck with trying to create a BOM table, showing the correct total quantity of parts of sub-assembly in a top assembly drawing. The quantity of the parts in the sub-assembly can be shown, but the quantity does not reflect the total quantity, but show the parts for one set of the sub-assembly instead. So, if I have two same subassemblies in the top assembly with similar part A, the quantity shown for part A would be 1, instead of 2. Any work-around/relations I can use to achieve this? Any help/input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:hling-2)

You can flatten the BOM so it shows the totals of all parts of the assembly. I don't recall, but this may eliminate showing the subassemblies in the same report.

The problem you are looking at is trying to generate a list that tells, at each level, how may items to pull from the shelf to make the top level, but when you make the sub-assembly, the instructions for making that show the quantity for that level, not for any possible top level it might be in. So there is a conflict in showing both the subassembly quantity and the total number of parts going into the top assembly as if they go into the subassembly.

Example is subassembly C = A + B. If I want 2 C, should it be written it as 2 (C = A + B) or written as 2(C = 2A + 2B)?

Top Tags