cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Total quantity in Bom List

hsnoek
1-Newbie

Total quantity in Bom List

If i import for example 10 times a bolt from the modelmanager into the 3d model and i want to create a bom list to put onto the drawing the total quantity of these bolts is 0 (zero), how can i solve this so that the total quantity is right

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I have not seen this problem.  Can you explain step by step what you do from the time you load the parts to when you create the BOM?

Thanks

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hello Tom,

We had contact to the cadserver helpdesk, because some of my college's had the same problem and some others not.

The solution is that in the Modelmanger in the preference tab-advanced, the Scan using model files (DDM data support) has to be clear

HanSettings_Model_Manager_File_Preference_Advanced.JPG

Han

Thank you, that is a good thing to know.  We have not seen this problem, but if it shows up, I know what to do.

Regards

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:hsnoek)

Hello Han Snoek

got an idea on my mind:

Repeat region parameters for SORT REGIONS or FILTERS are missing in your problem part.

- check repeat region settings

01-bom.jpg

If this problem occurs only in imported parts, than try to check "import template".

Try to select different import template. For example the same model solid_start_part.

import_template.JPG

Regards

Milan Bonka

hsnoek
1-Newbie
(To:mbonka)

Hello Milan,

We had contact to the cadserver helpdesk, because some of my college's had the same problem and some others not.

The solution is that in the Modelmanger in the preference tab-advanced, the Scan using model files (DDM data support) has to be clear.

Settings_Model_Manager_File_Preference_Advanced.JPG

Han

Top Tags