cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Two Values in Model Edit

jeinberger
1-Newbie

Two Values in Model Edit

Hello:

Creo 2.0.....I select a feature on a model, right-click and select the Edit option. I get two dimensions, which actually frame the current value I am trying to change. Example; a 35.00 dimension displays as 35.01 and 34.99 below it. And when I change one/both, the feature does not update.

This feels like a setting, but as an intermittent user, these are the things that trip me up.

Thanks,

Joe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

My guess is that you have a drawing assigned to this part.

change the value in the drawing then regen

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jeinberger)

You need to click on the dimension properties and set the dimension display back to nominal from limits. Then you can change the value. I get frustrated by this a lot on older designs.

Thanks Ben. That did the trick.

And this is an old training part.

Joe

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

If you upgraded from an older version of Croe/WF, the dimensions were defaulted to Limits. You need to go in and change them to Nominal.

Thanks, Dale

Thanks Dale, I'll look into that.

Joe

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

You're welcome.

Wasn't there some sort of configuration option (special hidden just for this) that would change all dimensions to nominal when opening old files.

I have a lot of old Pro|Engineer files that open like this too.  A real pain to fix every dimension manually.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

It's seems like you & I have talked about this before:

Tolerance mode: Nominal vs Limits

From what you posted it look like in Creo 2.0

(still on WF5.0/Creo)

Top Tags