cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Unable to edit imported IBL file in 3.0

wwalsh
1-Newbie

Unable to edit imported IBL file in 3.0

Maybe I have a setting wrong, but in Creo 2.0 I was able to EDIT an ibl file after it was imported.  It was brought up in a notepad window and I could directly edit numbers as needed.  In 3.0 the option seems to have disappeared.  The file button is grayed out.

2015-06-17_21-31-19.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:wwalsh)

Wiliam,

You will get specified option when editing curve which was created using "curve from file". Command "Curve from file is not available in ribbon, you can search that in command search.

1. Create a part

2. Search for "Curve from file"

3. Select Coordinate system

4. Select *.ibl file > Open

5. Select Feature "Curve from file" > Edit Definition > Curves > Done AND you will get your options to edit curves.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wwalsh
1-Newbie

This is what it looks like in 2.0.  When you right click on the feature, the following menu came up.  You can then select "edit file" and the file is opened with notepad or other text editor.

6-18-2015 8-57-51 AM.png

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Wiliam,

You will get specified option when editing curve which was created using "curve from file". Command "Curve from file is not available in ribbon, you can search that in command search.

1. Create a part

2. Search for "Curve from file"

3. Select Coordinate system

4. Select *.ibl file > Open

5. Select Feature "Curve from file" > Edit Definition > Curves > Done AND you will get your options to edit curves.

aniketpandit
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Hello, is there a way we can edit this .ibl file without copying and pasting the contents of the text editor? During editing, I tried File-> Open-> Select file -> Save, but the new file doesn't get saved after clicking on 'Done'. An alternative way to edit the file would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aniket Pandit

Top Tags