cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unbend Fail

DieselPig
1-Newbie

Unbend Fail

Good Day All

I have a sheet metal part, a rolled cylinder with flanges to emulate swaging.

After adding some sketched features the unbend will not work.

I have used this same technique on a similar design but this has stumped me! Should I be using a transition unben for this?

prt file attached.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

OK it is now working correctly, my sketched features were too small. Once I increased their height the bend back worked.

I guess the features were too small to be worked on however, the next issue is I made a pattern on the whole sheet to emulate perforated plate. This now crash's Creo when it tries to re-generate.

Am I being too ambitious?

Many Thanks

Check your accuracy settings.

I opened your file in Creo 3 and it wasn't complaining for unbend and bend back.

If you do a flat pattern, and then do a bend back, you will get an error.

Something very strange about this part, however. If you unbend it, it is shorter instead of longer (???).

Something is very wrong with that picture since the ribs should shorten the formed cylinder, not the flat part

Hi Antonius

I read a few more threads on similar problems and accuracy was mentioned, its was not setup on my system so used the defaults.

The second issue I had with the hole table was resolved by moving to M120 from M100.

Never noticed the size disparity when its unbent, I'll have a look at that thanks.

Funny thing is, if you open a new part as sheetmetal, the accuracy is set to absolute automatically. If you convert to sheetmetal, it will maintain relative accuracy if that is where it was set. Due to the size of your part, it opened at absolute .0125. For small features, you may need to go back to .005 or less.

Your large pattern may also have some issues in crossing bend lines. Technically is can do this but it may have limitations.

Top Tags