cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Unitless Value Assignment Not Resolving After Manually Adding Units

JH_11346936
2-Guest

Unitless Value Assignment Not Resolving After Manually Adding Units

Hello,

I am having an issue resolving a "unitless value assignment for symbol 'D22' error. I am using Creo 7. The part is a helical sweep to create a spring. The pitch of the spring is defined using parameters. The pitch is a calculated value from the parameter "LENGTH" and "NUMBER_OF_TURNS". I have applied units in the parameters window to "LENGTH", but it has not resolved the error.  Annotation 2024-08-15 090239.pngAnnotation 2024-08-15 090351.png

I have also tried defining the dimension directly in the relations window, but that also does not resolve the issue.

Annotation 2024-08-15 090811.png

Any ideas as to why this might be?

Thank you,

John

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Following up, I think I have a work around for now. I commented out the relation for the pitch parameter and then went in to the parameters window and added the units. Upon going back to relations and then uncommenting the relation for pitch, it recomputed the value and maintained the units set in the parameters window. Hopefully, this will continue to work. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi,

please upload your model.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I have attached the part here.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm trying to attach the part file but it keeps removing it saying that the content does not match the file extension. Not sure how to get around this.

Thanks,

You cannot attach part or assembly files directly. Put the file(s) into a ZIP file and attach that.

Problem is likely something about the units of LENGTH or NUMBER_OF_TURNS or d22, whatever that is.

@JH_11346936 wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to attach the part file but it keeps removing it saying that the content does not match the file extension. Not sure how to get around this.

Thanks,

Hi,

Khoros does not like numerical extensions. Therefore you cannot upload mypart.prt.1. Fortunately you can upload mypart.prt
-OR- mypart.prt.1 packed inside mypart.zip.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Here is the file.

Thanks,

Hi,

in Creo 7.0.5.0 and Creo 7.0.11.0 verification of relations is successful. Please explain your problem once again.

MartinHanak_0-1723738310901.png

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I continue to get this message on the bottom of my screen even after regenerating. With other parts I have generally had success applying units to parameters and having this flag go away. But I haven't been able to with this part.

JH_11346936_0-1723738593337.png

Thanks,

Hi,

regeneration successful in my Creo. Test model you uploaded. It is attached to this reply.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Must be something strange on my end then. I opened your version, and I still get this error message. I'm assuming Creo handles all the unit computations automatically, so I don't know why it thinks the units from the parameters haven't carried over to the dimension. Obviously, nothing is failed in the model, so that's good. But we are trying to have models that have no problems and can be used in simulations accurately.

Hi,

maybe the problem is related to config.pro option. Start Creo without config.pro.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I removed the config.pro file from its normal file location and rebooted creo, but I'm afraid the error is still there. If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, thank you for your help.

Hi,

Following up, I think I have a work around for now. I commented out the relation for the pitch parameter and then went in to the parameters window and added the units. Upon going back to relations and then uncommenting the relation for pitch, it recomputed the value and maintained the units set in the parameters window. Hopefully, this will continue to work. Thanks for the help.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags