cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Using excel in drawing

jcolon
3-Visitor

Using excel in drawing

I have an excel (.xlsx) file with a BOM of an assembly. I wanted to know if it was possible to import that into a drawing directly from excel without having to make the individual cells or having to type all the information in.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Layout tab > select object

select the object type

begs to be asked....

why not use a table with a repeat region?

this will generate a BOM of the assembly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Layout tab > select object

select the object type

begs to be asked....

why not use a table with a repeat region?

this will generate a BOM of the assembly.

The problem is that the BOM is being exported from another program into excel, but we need it in Creo as a drawing. We don't have an assembly of it with models and such therefor a parametric table cannot be made, and we were trying to minimize the work so that we didn't have to type it all in.

But your answer is exactly what we needed. I knew there was an easy way, I just didn't know where it was. Thanks!

well, I got my answer....

Glad to be of help

You can directly import excel into Creo drawing. Follow the below steps:

1. Save the Excel file as .csv format.

2. In Creo Drawing, from the Table tab select Table from File and select the .cvs format that you saved and place the table on your drawing.

Top Tags