cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Virtual Reality Images

mlocascio
4-Participant

Virtual Reality Images

If this has been covered I do apologize. I have Creo and I want to put 3D 360 images up on my website. With Facebook I can take a panoramic picture from my I-Phone and give it a 360 view. I am wondering if it is possible to do the same thing with my parts and assemblies in Creole.

4 REPLIES 4
wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:mlocascio)

I believe you have at least two answers. You can embed the file as a PVS or PVZ and it can be viewed with Creo View and they can spin it and interrogate it a little. I have done this in Office apps like Word and PPT not Facebook, but should be similar.

The other option could be to embed a Thingmark and the end user could launch the Thingview app to see a high res VR image of your item.

The ability to create them is built into Creo Parametric 4. I tried it and it worked just like the youtube video AR in less than 60 seconds.

Augmented Reality in Creo 4.0 - YouTube

good luck.

mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:wrsamuels)

The only thing that I worry about with having someone go to Creo View is that they might not be able to install it, or that they will have to install it in order of them to use it. Maybe that is a false impression. I am basically interested in putting these images up on my website. I want to allow those who visit my website to interact with the model.

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:mlocascio)

It occurs to me you could save as an adobe u3d...everyone on the web has adobe loaded.

mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:wrsamuels)

That might work. Now I just need to figure out how to embed such a file on my website. Thanks.

Top Tags