cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

What kills drawing view update performance?

gkbeer
1-Newbie

What kills drawing view update performance?

I'm currently staring at a drawing with one section view, waiting for the view update to complete. (1.5 hr and counting.) I didn't used to take anywhere near this long.

I'm halfway convinced that I've done something in the model that while reasonable, has killed drawing view update performance. I'm just not sure what it was. Another drawing, same model, same view, but not sectioned, updates quickly.

So anyone, have any tips on what can be done to a model, that will kill a drawing section view's update performance?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
gkbeer
1-Newbie
(To:gkbeer)

Update: Created a new drawing with the same view as the problem drawing.

Performance is stunning. Less than 1 min to update the section view.

gkbeer
1-Newbie
(To:gkbeer)

One reply suggested that a cutting plane that is exactly tangent to a cylinder could cause problems.

Exactly, no I can't say any cylinder is exactly tangent, but with proe, close enough can count.

I'm suspecting that the overall size of the model, 5meters, with some items in the section being only 1mm dia is an accuracy of .0002. That's down below .0012 default accuracy of pro/e.That could be close enough to be considered tangent.

So I can see that pro/e could have problems resolving the section.

That still leaves me wondering, why would recreating the drawing and view shorten the view update time from over an hour to a minuet or so.

Top Tags