cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

When opening another window, it does not come to the front. Happen to anyone else? Creo7

dunebuggyjay
12-Amethyst

When opening another window, it does not come to the front. Happen to anyone else? Creo7

Hi Guys,

Lets say i have an assembly open and on my screen. I then open a drawing file. This drawing file does not come forward on the screen. Its actually behind the assembly i had open previously. 

Has anyone had this happen? It happens on a few of our computers here...but not all of them. 

I do remember this being an issue with wildfire.. a long time ago, but don't know what the fix was for it. 

I do have an open ticket with PTC on this, but thought i would ask you guys if anyone has come across this. 

We are running Creo 7.0.2.0 and Windows 7 professional. Also running the latest video card drivers. (have Nvidia K2000)

Thanks,

Jay

2 REPLIES 2

@dunebuggyjay wrote:

Hi Guys,

Lets say i have an assembly open and on my screen. I then open a drawing file. This drawing file does not come forward on the screen. Its actually behind the assembly i had open previously. 

Has anyone had this happen? It happens on a few of our computers here...but not all of them. 

I do remember this being an issue with wildfire.. a long time ago, but don't know what the fix was for it. 

I do have an open ticket with PTC on this, but thought i would ask you guys if anyone has come across this. 

We are running Creo 7.0.2.0 and Windows 7 professional. Also running the latest video card drivers. (have Nvidia K2000)

Thanks,

Jay

Hi,

I guess PTC Support will tell you that Windows 7 is not supported operating system.

Martin Hanák
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dunebuggyjay)

Yes it happens to us more so in Creo 7. I have been meeting to try and isolate the issue and file a bug with PTC for it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I believe it is happening because Creo makes temporary parts in the background (user doesn't see these) and there is an issue with remembering which window is supposed to be activated after it is done performing the regen / creating the temporary part models.

We are on windows 10.

Top Tags