cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Wildfire4.0 Complete Machinist

cc-2
6-Contributor

Wildfire4.0 Complete Machinist

Hello

we have started to implement ProE CAM. We have a lot of issues from project management (the PM wanted edgecam, now he got ProE, so of course ProE does not work), but also it seems that ProE is quite limited where W-axis is not a standard functionality nor the canned cycle.

I was told per our PM that it cannot be that when the data have been transfered to the machine and that in the middle of the night, there is no more of the correct bar to use of the machine. They cannot use a slightly bigger bar and simply tell the machine, now it is 19 instead of 17, because what was done in ProE (because of ProE), the user cannot simply now take 19 but they would also need to redefine all the passes, otherwise the machine will go straight from 19 to 17 which is obviously not good.

I strongly believe that it is how the CAM team is using ProE rather than a lack in ProE but not being an expert and relying only on the info from my CAM team. I thought I asked the expert on PTC user.

How do you manage such situation, do you need canned cycles, W-axis ? Did you have to program/custom anything to make it work ?

I am also interested in finding any ProE CAM user in the United Kingdom. It seems that our suppliers do not have any reference to give us in the UK. We have 5 axis machines

We also make a variety of components daily (mainly part of gearboxes)

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags