cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

a PCB has 3000 components , how to make lighter for MCAD import

amustafa
3-Visitor

a PCB has 3000 components , how to make lighter for MCAD import

I have to import a PCB with almost 3000 components, and working for a project often i have to have 4-5 different baords , each with 2500-300 parts ( from MCAD library depicting electrical parts) , and on top of that the mechanical parts to design full assembly.

how can i make the PCB assemblies with all components lighter so when viewing/moving/zoom in, zoom out, pan, etc can be faster. 

for boards with 200-500 pcs, i can make iges ( an loose all ref des, etc) and assemble in my assemblies is ok.

but with 3000 parts, even the iges file is big and takes memory to import etc.

any  new ideas.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried shrinkwrap?

Look into simplified reps for the assemblies. You can create a rep by rule on component size and knock all the little parts off the screen as you like.

Top Tags