cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

adding Excel table in a drawing

gbon
1-Newbie

adding Excel table in a drawing

Hello,

I can't remember how but I've done this in the pass (Wildfire2, probably).

So How can I had an Excel sheet in a Wildfire 5 drawing sheet ?

Thanks,

GB

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
jellis
11-Garnet
(To:gbon)

In Reply to georges bon:

GB......PTC was using the Object Embedding code from Micrososft. Microsoft has changed the Object Embedding code which forced PTC to react. WF5 does not do well with embedded excel. We learned this recently. You can embed an excel file but then will encounter difficulty trying to size the display. Going forward we have decided not to use the Object Embedding practice. With excel, you can save it as a CSV file then insert it using the <table from=" file="> actions.

Regards, Jim

Hello,

Thanks,

GB

This is good to know. We are having issues with Embedding Excel into our drawings and did not understand why.

Thanks

In Reply to Jim Ellis:

In Reply to georges bon:

GB......PTC was using the Object Embedding code from Micrososft. Microsoft has changed the Object Embedding code which forced PTC to react. WF5 does not do well with embedded excel. We learned this recently. You can embed an excel file but then will encounter difficulty trying to size the display. Going forward we have decided not to use the Object Embedding practice. With excel, you can save it as a CSV file then insert it using the <table from=" file="> actions.

Regards, Jim

Hello,

Thanks,

GB

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

bkurth
7-Bedrock

Here is an other option that might work for you. You can create your table in Excel, and then bring it in as a note. It will look just like a table on the drawing.

Brian

In Reply to georges bon:

Hello,

Thanks,

GB

iancure
1-Newbie

Take a look at this

I had posted earlier, regarding moving to True Type Fonts (TTF) in our drawings. We are still ironing out corporate procedure issues etc., so I haven't sent the summary yet.

But on the technical side, we have an issue. The Pro-E symbols do not display. I am referring to the Centerline, Counterbore, etc. You create the note and put some symbols in and when you select a Windows TTF they don't display. Switch back to standard Pro-E font and they display?

I have a ticket in with PTC. It works fine for them.

Any thoughts?

Doug Pogatetz
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Electronic Systems

Phone: 224-625-4823

Top Tags