cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

ampersand(&) in relations window.

gannuagastya
6-Contributor

ampersand(&) in relations window.

Hello,

I'm working with an existing assembly file and I have observed that they have used '&' before the dimension in a relation.

Ex: &d340:1 = FLANGE_WIDTH      (Here FLANGE_WIDTH is a parameter).

I want to know the use of '&' here, because I observed it works without ampersand in a different assembly file. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"&" is used in drawing notes to distinguish text from parameters. Someone probably carried this over and Creo obviously ignores it. There's no interpretation I see for it when used as a prefix in a model relation.

Using a "$" does have a significance to indicate the sign of the value is important. The default is to use keep the value positive and switch the direction of a related dimension.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

"&" is used in drawing notes to distinguish text from parameters. Someone probably carried this over and Creo obviously ignores it. There's no interpretation I see for it when used as a prefix in a model relation.

Using a "$" does have a significance to indicate the sign of the value is important. The default is to use keep the value positive and switch the direction of a related dimension.

Top Tags