cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

angular_tol_0_ and linear_tol_0_

StanBalish
4-Participant

angular_tol_0_ and linear_tol_0_

Allow "hidden" system parameters linear_tol_0_ and angular_tol_0_ to be recognized in confog.pro file so values can be assigned to them.  The default value is 1 for angular and 0 for linear.  These system parameters are used when tolerance values need to be a integer with no trailing zeros.  For example:  A linear tolerance of +- 1 inch or a angular tolerance of +- 5 degrees. Most drawing formats require these in the tolerance block section of the drawing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Sorry,

Perhaps I don't understand the true intent of the request but for a vast majority of my drawings/models (inched based) I cover it with the config.pro options:

linear_tol 1 0.1 1

linear_tol 2 0.03 2

linear_tol 3 0.010 3

angular_tol 4 0.5 0

on the drawing, it looks something like this: (hope this works out...)

.x   ± .1

.xx   ± .03

.xxx   ± .010

Angular ± 0.5°

Should I need something different, I modify according whether it is model wide or just a one time drawing dimension.

for this reason, I vote it down

Top Tags