cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

avoid hidden lines in drawing?

Trebla
15-Moonstone

avoid hidden lines in drawing?

Hi everybody,

I am a new user, I have a question about drawing in Creo parametric 2.0:

I re-use old drawings for doing new ones faster, when I open the new drawing there are disconnected dimensions in grey color. Then I do 'edit connection' and click 2 lines of my part,

but sometimes, in this view that is without hidden lines, I take accidentally the hidden line, so the dimension is wrong. I know that the solution is make a 'big' zoom and take the correct line, but is there another solution? Is there some option for ignoring hidden lines?

Other 3D Cad programs, when you hide something in drawing, the system avoid them automatically...

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
James62
10-Marble
(To:Trebla)

Hello,

I keep having the same problem. It can get pretty time consuming to edit a drawing like that or make new dims on it.

The only solution I can think of is to make make Creo zoom in and zoom out faster.

Which brings me to the idea of writing a script in Autohotkey.

You know the situations where you are zooming in and at first its like zooming in fast but then when you are rolling the wheel more and more it tends to zoom in less and less. This could possibly be avoided.

Top Tags