cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

coord sys assembly constraints

JMSCRA
1-Newbie

coord sys assembly constraints

All,

We are on WF 5.

I have a part with the default Pro/E coord sys, CS0, and a user created coord sys, ECAD_DEFAULT.
I have an assembly with the default Pro/E coord sys , CS0, and a user created coord sys, ECAD_DEFAULT.

Is there any way to assemble the component into the assembly where I get a modifiable dimension for the X and Y direction that is between the 2 "ECAD_DEFAULT" coord systems? We know how to cheat the system by using mate and align to datum planes. What we want is for the dimensions to go between the 2 ECAD_DEFAULT coord sys.

If we use the FIX placement we get dimension but they go between the Pro/E default CS0 's not the user defined coord sys plus they do not seem to be modifiable.

Thanks

John M. Scranton
Manager Design Drafting
and Configuration Management
Ultra Electronics - USSI
4868 E. Park 30 Dr.
Columbia City, IN 46725-8869
*Voice: 260.248.3576
*Fax; 260.248.3509
[cid:image006.png@01CD60E9.1947E140]
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags