cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

creating a plane which bisects 2 lines

IanEdwards
1-Newbie

creating a plane which bisects 2 lines

I have two lines which come together at a point to create an angle. Can anybody give me an easy method of creating a plane which bisects this angle as per my illustration. I want to create the datum plane which is represented by the red line. Cheers.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Illustration....

Ian, Create a Plane through the two lines. Now Create a Curve on that Plane. Sketch an arc with the center at the lines' vertex and going from one line to the next. Now create a Datum Point at .500 Ratio on that Curve. Finally create your desired Plane through this new Datum Point, the lines' vertex and Normal to the Plane just created for sketching the arc. There are numerous other ways to construct this geometry; this is just one. If the lines are the same length, for example, you can sketch a line from end to end and create a Point at its midpoint. David
Top Tags