cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

drawing submission problem due to dependencies

mobleykm
1-Newbie

drawing submission problem due to dependencies

Hello,

I am having a problem submitting an assembly drawing into PDMLink. The drawing was originally created by doing a save-as on an assembly which also created a duplicate drawing with the same name. Now, when I try to submit the new drawing to PDMLink, it wants to submit a subassembly of the original assembly and lists it as an alternate dependent to the drawing in the submission list. The link is only with the drawing, because the old subassembly does not show up if I only try to submit the new assembly.

I have tried to use reference viewer, but it only seems to work for assemblies/parts not drawings. I verified that the old subassembly model does not shown up on the model list under Drawing Properties. Do you have any ideas on how I can find and break this link between the old subassembly and the new drawing.

I am using Wildfire 4 M190 and Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M060.

Thanks,
Kelly

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kelly,

I'm guessing the drawing has a repeat region on it?

You'll probably have to use the cleanup dependencies config option

PTC turned the use of this option into rather complicated steps but here it goesSmiley Surprisedpen the assembly drawing and backup it to a local folder.erase the drawing from memory (only the drawing)Set the following config.pro options:
cleanup_drawing_dependencies YES_CS_NOT_REQUIRED
cleanup_layout_dependencies YES_CS_NOT_REQUIRED
Easiest to put these in a seperate config file and import it in ProE
The second option is not needed in your case. It fixes layouts which are notorious for creating these kind of ghost dependencies.Now open the drawing from your local folder.
And there you are, a cleanup dependencies window opens (when there are ghost dependencies found)
Now you can cleanup all dependencies which should not be there.Save it and the drawing has been cleaned and ready for checkin.Kind regards,

Olaf Corten

Olaf Corten
CAD/PLM Manager
Fico B.V.
Ratio 6, Duiven
Phone: +31 26 3196215
Mobile: +31 644548554
www.besi.com

To: "-" <->
Date: 27-09-2011 21:29
Subject: [proecad] - drawing submission problem due to dependencies

Hello,

I am having a problem submitting an assembly drawing into PDMLink. The drawing was originally created by doing a save-as on an assembly which also created a duplicate drawing with the same name. Now, when I try to submit the new drawing to PDMLink, it wants to submit a subassembly of the original assembly and lists it as an alternate dependent to the drawing in the submission list. The link is only with the drawing, because the old subassembly does not show up if I only try to submit the new assembly.

I have tried to use reference viewer, but it only seems to work for assemblies/parts not drawings. I verified that the old subassembly model does not shown up on the model list under Drawing Properties. Do you have any ideas on how I can find and break this link between the old subassembly and the new drawing.

I am using Wildfire 4 M190 and Windchill PDMLink 9.1 M060.

Thanks,
Kelly

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:

Hey Olaf,

I have been using CLEANUP_DRAWING_DEPENDENCIES set to YES. What does YES_CS_NOT_REQUIRED do?

-marc
CAD / PLM Systems Manager
TriMark Corporation

All,

I have created a document on Ghosts and how to remove them. There is a section for drawing ghosts.

-Nick

YES_CS_NOT_REQUIRED, doesn't search the Common Space for the dependents. In most cases this may be the more desirable option.

David Haigh
Top Tags