cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

edit patterns in an assembly

ptc-5162209
1-Newbie

edit patterns in an assembly

Does anyone know how to edit a hole pattern in an assembly? I screwed up in the placement of the holes and cannot get back into the pattern to correct it. The end goal is to use screws/bolts to hold the assembly together and do a simulation using loads to see how the design holds up. If anybody knows of ways to do this, please let me know.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Model Tree>little tool icon (hammer/wrench)>tree filters

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Right click and Edit or Edit Definition on the pattern. If you need to correct the original hole, expand the pattern and Edit definition on the hole below the pattern.

The pattern does not appear in the model tree for the bolt holes. Any ideal where it might be?

The pattern may have been included in as subsequent group.

It is not subgrouped either.

Okay, you got me Where could it be hiding... if you highlight and select the feature, then right click on the feature, you can locate the feature in the tree (Locate in Model Tree; bottom entry)

Hi,

is the pattern created at assembly level? Could your problem be something to do with intersected models?

Just a thought.

Regards

John

It could be but I have no idea how to locate and correct it? I am getting a "rebuild error" though.

Hi, sometimes people have in tree settings the features unmarked.

help1.png

I am going to verify this and see what happens.

Where do you find that page?

Model Tree>little tool icon (hammer/wrench)>tree filters

Thank you. I will see if I can edit the messed up feature. Thank you for your help.

Top Tags