cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

how to insert one more in the middle and get updated?

AntoniodeItaVen
4-Participant

how to insert one more in the middle and get updated?

Hello world,

I would like to get some advise on how I can do the following.

I have my schematics completed, in this I have my own artifact which is a terminal block. so all of them are already wired to a lead.

I have 100 of my own terminal blocks(TB), they go from left to right. (1 to 100) then I realize I need one more just after terminal block number 30 but I do not need to disconnect what is in TB31 to 100.

ok I insert a new one which pops up labeled as TB101 but It will be after TB30 and I would like that will be TB31 and the rest get updated from TB32 to TB101

I just do not know how to do this, How can I say ok from here to here these are your new´s tag?

in other words it is like in Excel, if you insert a new row or column you can do that and all positions get updated.

mmm now thinking about this I guess I may have to create my TB as groups but I think I still will not be able to said where I want to insert the new one

I appreciate any advise on this

Regards

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

It can't be done automatically from the standard UI/tools. if you like you can change the serial number manually

from the parameters panel (changing index for ~70 instances will require some effort).

if you have some basic Java skills, it can be done by writing simple Java API method.

Regards,

Gaby.

that is pretty much what I do so far, I update it manually but as you can imagine updating from 31 to 100 the likely for mislabel is higher.

well the other way I do this is by ereasing the TB31 to 100 and place new ones and rewire but in some cases I do not understand why the index labels keep counting 101, 102, and son on.

is any way to "reset" my index label? I mean if I had 100 artifacts labeled as 1 to 100 then I erease from 51 to 100

and place a new one how do I get it as 51 instead of 101? for some reason the counter of the schematics still has in "memory" the ones just ereased even if I shutdown and start over Schematics. kind of crazy isn´t it?

I have few knowledge about Java but It is good to know that.

thanks for any advise

Regards

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

If you like, you can reset the indices, but it will reset all the indices for all instaces type/sheets. the next instance/sheet will use the first free index .

This can be done with Design properties dialog (Design tab) -> Reset serial number. see movie :

Video Link : 5526

Regards,

Gaby

Antonio,

I have had luck when using "Name Format" such as TB### (3 autonumbers). If you need to insert one, change the name format of the instances following the number to TB#### (4 autonumbers), reset serial numbering, update or insert the new instance, then change the following instances back to TB### (3 auto numbers).

Thanks,

jef

Hello Antonio,

any luck with the suggestions from Gaby and Jeff?

Gunter

AntoniodeItaVen
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

Gunter

1,. I posted this while I still was working with CREO SCH 2.0. I have migrated to 3.0 and it seems that the index does get updated.

2.- however I have not tried to insert one in between and see what happens. I will need to start a new one or try some of the files where I had to update my index manually which may take some time since I would not like to mess what I have done

I guess next month I will try the advises for now I am working on the programming of the controllers and displays for my last control box.

But no doubt I will try it becuase it is a pain in my ear to do it manually, and this is a common need for me. it is just as simple as you need to add more TB for 0VDC or +VDC you do not want to show it in the next page, it has to be where all the 0VDC are.

mmm I generate the schematics for assembly and for troublehooting, the ones for assembly need to be at the final position otherwise it turns out to a lost time because of the rework.

anyway I will post what I got

Thanks

Antonio

Top Tags