cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

in which assembly is the part used?

vojta
2-Guest

in which assembly is the part used?

Hello,

I would like to ask if there is any way how to find out in which assemblies is used one particular part.

We have a large folder with several similar assemblies. Then there are two versions of similar part, for example.

If I open all the assemblies at first, so they are loaded in session memory, I can use reference viewer to find out where is this particular part used. But is there any way how to do this without opening a large number of assemblies?

Hope my question is understandable, thanks for replies.

7 REPLIES 7

I have used this program many years ago, will it help?

find my mother

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:vojta)

I know granite can help you on this. You need to build solution on your own. Sorry but I do not understand why this search is required?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Don't know if this works still.

(Creo/WF5.0)

Windows - Open System Window

(At the prompt) WHEREUSED (filename) ABCXYZ.asm (or .prt)

A text box opens with all the places used.

Drawback - false positives so you have to go and check, but at least it narrows it down when not using a PDM product).

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

There was a discussion of this previously, with lots of info. Here's  a link.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Where-used/m-p/414225#M104723

vojta
2-Guest

thank you all for replies!

unfortunately the "find my mother" program doesn't seem to work on my computer...

I'll try to check other solutions and take a look at the previous discusion as soon as I could

Thanks

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

assembly file (for example podsestava.asm.1) is mix of ascii characters and binary code. Component names are present in readable form when you open assembly file in Notepad++. See CP_P1 - name of component located in my podsestava.asm.1.

asm01.png

Because of this you can use for example FileLocator Lite software to "scan" the contents of all assembly files and look for specific component name.

asm02.png

Martin Hanák
jhaston-3
10-Marble

Hi, For this kind of search you need to be storing/managing your models using Windchill PDM.

Top Tags