cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

insert excel sheet in Creo 2.0

bnielsen
6-Contributor

insert excel sheet in Creo 2.0

Hi All

i want to insert excel sheet as table in Creo 2.0

layout tab > object > Microsoft excel workbook - This goes okay

now with the sheet open i want to drag the sheet larger by the black square handles

when i let go of the handle my sheet is much larger than its supposed to, and it has changes placement

its is not possible to resize after this

do any of you have a solution for this?

running in 64bit windows 7

9 REPLIES 9

I would suggest changing the widths and heights of the cells (columns and rows) rather than the whole sheet.

It could be a bug that should be reported. I know Creo 2.0 F001 was buggy this way on various features. M010 is a lot more stable.

bnielsen
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

it is the M010 im running

its is not the spacing inside the cells which is a problem it is resizing the whole table

i can do it in Wildfire 5.0 without any problems, i have logget a case at PTC just wondered if any of you had a solution...

Hi

Have you any answer from PTC about this problem?

Hi

no not yet, it is placed in their development dep.

so i hope it will be fixed in newer versions (M030/M040)

pjg
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:bnielsen)

It does not work in Creo 2.0 M030, unfortunately 😞
Have you heard from PTC regarding this since last?

bnielsen
6-Contributor
(To:pjg)

Hi

no i have made a weblink solution instead, which takes a spreadsheet and convert it to a Creo table and adds it to the drawing

the solution is explianed in the book "a pro engineers guide to weblink" and works okay

link to book in pdf format

http://www.lulu.com/shop/christopher-lewis/a-proengineers-guide-to-proweblink/paperback/product-3399472.html

pjg
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

I can see in update advisor that it will be implementet in M040

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/spr.jsp?n=2143543

Hi

Thanks for the information.

Only 3 weeks to wait if the release is not adjourned.

Mixxer4591
1-Newbie

[ FROM MICROSOFT EXCEL ].....File.....Save As.....[Save as type:] CVS (Comma delimited).cvs [CHOOSE DIRECTORY] [Save]

[ FROM CREO DRAWING ]....Table...Table From File....Type [ CSV Table Drawing(*.csv) ]

Top Tags