cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

"Appearance Gallery" display issue

KrisR
1-Newbie

"Appearance Gallery" display issue

Has anyone seen an issue with the display of the appearance gallery before? Please view the attached image. If so, please advise what the issue and solution was.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
SteveBarnhart
5-Regular Member
(To:KrisR)

We had this problem and it seemed to be related to the homepage we had set for start-up. You might try a homepage with no images or graphicsand see if that takes care of the problem. I'm not sure what the root cause is, however.

KrisR
1-Newbie

Someone else mentioned in a private email that this was a 64 bit issue. I just switched to 64 bit OS and did not have this issue with 32 bit OS.
KrisR
1-Newbie

Someone else mentioned in a private email that this was a 64 bit issue. I just switched to 64 bit OS and did not have this issue with 32 bit OS.

This issue has always occurred on our 64-bit machines (never on our 32-bit ones).

I put the following into our config.pro:

web_browser_homepage about:blank

and the issue goes away!

We had another problem in which creation of a STEP file of a particular model caused Pro/E to exit but only on 64-bit machines. Amazingly we isolated it to the web browser home just like this problem. If we switched to a text-only homepage the issue was fixed.

Mike Foster
ATK
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

See the following case solution for an issue we had using a tikiwiki generated page for our
web_browser_homepage.
Again this affected only 64bit Window clients using IE as the embedded web browser.

>
> Someone else mentioned in a private email that this was a 64 bit issue. I just switched to 64 bit
> OS and did not have this issue with 32 bit OS.
>
> *From:*Steve Barnhart [

> *Sent:* Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:12 AM
> *To:* - <">mailtoSmiley Tongue->
> *Subject:* [proecad] - RE: "Appearance Gallery" display issue
>
> We had this problem and it seemed to be related to the homepage we had set for start-up. You
> might try a homepage with no images or graphics and see if that takes care of the problem. I'm
> not sure what the root cause is, however.
>

Randy's config suggestion seems to fix the problem:

windows_browser_type ie_in_sep_process

Mike
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags