cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

roughing, re-roughing, there is still material left

DogariuSebastia
1-Newbie

roughing, re-roughing, there is still material left

I noticed today on a piece that after doing a roughinf sequence with a tipped radius tool and a re-roughing with 0 leftover with an end mill, there was still leftover material. Lucky for me Vericut is integrated in W5. Strangely, I couldn't make it go to 0 because of the inside and outside tolerance. And another thing. THe same string of sequences and tools on a 4 sided piece 45X50 with 2 big holes. When I ran the re-roughing sequence the tool enterd the holes and did nothing on the outside even though it had material from roughing and also the diameter was smaller. I don't quite follow what is happening. In W4 I never ran into this problem.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Not to sure what you mean. Can you post some screenshots to help illustrate?

Top Tags