cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

save a backup in proe assembly is a totally useless option!

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

save a backup in proe assembly is a totally useless option!

when i do save a backup of proe assembly...it only does a backup of assembly..not its drawing not the drawing of parts...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I saved the drawing of the top level assembly which had several family tables and flexible components. It claimed it may not have backed up everything... but it did.

You are right, however, it is best to backup load the drawings into the session and back these up as well. You can then do a purge on that folder and you should have it all.

how simple it would become if it would just backup the drawings..when we backup the parts or assembly....and may give an option whether we would like to backup the drawings with parts or assembly...

Try adding "rename_drawings_with_object" to your config.pro file.

Matt

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:msteis)

i think the option you have mentioned is only when we save a copy of a part or assembly..and not when we do a backup.

Top Tags