cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

set bom parameter default and use an attribute as bom ballon region

aberglund
3-Visitor

set bom parameter default and use an attribute as bom ballon region

I would like to have a config option or a detail option where i can decide what parameter the BOM Ballons should use default. Today its rpt.index but i would like to be able to change to use Find Number (in our case POS)

I would like to have e.g default_bom_ballon_parameter  asm.mbr.cparam.POS

Also a possibility to use and set an Attribute as default BOM Ballon Region

The reason is that we use the Find Number attribute (POS) in our BOM table repeat region. We createand populate POS for all the assembly components as component parameter (with a customization) and finally we connect that POS with the BOM ballons. The purpose is to easily edit the pos number in the ballons from with in the model tree. and check in and update same attribute in the wtpart structure.

(The bom table on drawing is hided.)

If there existed a way to set default BOM parameter and select an attribute as BOM Ballon Regions it would be very good.

Then we could use that attribute for give value to the bom ballons, no need of a bom table with repeat region at all. and instead just have the bomlist in Windchill.

Also if there was a way to add component parameters to assembly and its included components in an easy way we would not need a customization.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags