cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

toggle assembly components display in simplified rep

StephenW
23-Emerald II

toggle assembly components display in simplified rep

I'm looking for a simple way to toggle all the components in my simplified to be the opposite display.

Master rep items set to exclude and exclude items set to master rep.

I have an assembly the way I want it but I have A LOT of trial and error / options / unneeded components that would like to get rid of or evaluate their need.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

You can search for models that are for example excluded in a specific simp rep. If it's a one-time thing, you can do it that way. If it's a regular occurrence, you can create a simplified rep that automatically collects them. So you could have a simprep that excludes a bunch of parts, then another that automatically includes anything excluded in the first.

To search for excluded components:

Look for Solid Model, Look by Solid Model (probably don't include submodels). Status tab, Display, category: Simplified Rep.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Steve, 

Take a look at the attached video. It might get you what you want. The method is clunky but it works.

Ty

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

You can search for models that are for example excluded in a specific simp rep. If it's a one-time thing, you can do it that way. If it's a regular occurrence, you can create a simplified rep that automatically collects them. So you could have a simprep that excludes a bunch of parts, then another that automatically includes anything excluded in the first.

To search for excluded components:

Look for Solid Model, Look by Solid Model (probably don't include submodels). Status tab, Display, category: Simplified Rep.

Top Tags