cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

use a hinge as separate part

bcat
8-Gravel

use a hinge as separate part

Hello

I have a piece "hinge" and i want to constrait different at angle

is posible to reconstruct geometry of hinge ?

i want to  constrait base plate of suport with base plate of hinge

the hinge is step and no have posibility to constrait to one another i reffer to hinge

Untitled.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:bcat)

Hello bogdan catalin

my praxis about this proble is following:

Methode:

1. download desired STEP model

2. open and "resave" model as IGES with FLAT STRUCTURE - select coordinate system in axis of hinge

3. open IGES file - investigate imported geometry with import data doctor and delete half of hinge, that should be moveable

4. create coordinate system related to that one in axis of hinge - use rotation around hinge axis

5. import the same hinge again and use "rotated" coordinate system to import

6. investigate second geometry with import data doctor and delete all parts of hinge that should be fix all time

---------------------

Result:

A) You can change angle of hinge with coordinate system edit value.

B) Whole hinge is in one part (all parts got one ordering number)

C) All hinges parts are in one part ---> good for BOM tables

moveable_hinge.jpg

It looks comlicated, but works fine for me...

See attached file...

Regards

Milan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise

You will need to make an assembly out of it by making two parts from the step file and cutting out on part of the hinge on each.

Open step file and cut away one side of hinge.  Save a copy.  Open the copy and flip the material side on the cut. Create assembly of the two parts.  You can use mechanism constraints to make it moveable or give it a set angle.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
psobejko
12-Amethyst

If you have the flexible modeling extension, you can use the "Move" feature to rotate the hinge to the angle you want:

flexible_modeling_hinge.png

Note how I created the axis A_1 before doing the move so that I can place the 3D dragger on it...

I used "boss with secondary" to get the Shape Surfaces set.

Last thing to say is that this keeps the hinge as a single part, but you won't be able to dynamically "drag" the hinge in the parent assembly.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hello bogdan catalin

my praxis about this proble is following:

Methode:

1. download desired STEP model

2. open and "resave" model as IGES with FLAT STRUCTURE - select coordinate system in axis of hinge

3. open IGES file - investigate imported geometry with import data doctor and delete half of hinge, that should be moveable

4. create coordinate system related to that one in axis of hinge - use rotation around hinge axis

5. import the same hinge again and use "rotated" coordinate system to import

6. investigate second geometry with import data doctor and delete all parts of hinge that should be fix all time

---------------------

Result:

A) You can change angle of hinge with coordinate system edit value.

B) Whole hinge is in one part (all parts got one ordering number)

C) All hinges parts are in one part ---> good for BOM tables

moveable_hinge.jpg

It looks comlicated, but works fine for me...

See attached file...

Regards

Milan

Top Tags