cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

variable text in patterns / follow up

jlippeth
1-Newbie

variable text in patterns / follow up

Here is what I have so far, forgot to attach PDF on original post.

Jscott

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I would try a two-direction pattern (Ctrl-select the X and Y coordinate dimensions) and then a single relation of the form

id_label = itos( 401 + 8*x_coord/x_pitch + y_coord/y_pitch )

This assumes that you ultimately set x_coord and y_coord to zero for the ‘401’ instance, although it will probably be easier to build the model with them set to non-zero values initially.

See attached – there’s a negative in the relation because I initially sketched the y coord upwards instead of downwards, so it increments by -10 instead of +10.

HTH...
Jonathan

Thanks to Jonathan I have made good progress.

Now I would like to understand using the relation editor.

“Pattern using Dimensions, Define increment by relation”

The Help document has one example, I need more.

See attached PDF for available options.

Jscott

Top Tags